The SF-EDFA-8 is a high-power, multi-port optical amplifier, operating within 1540-1563nm wavelengths and supporting PON return path. It is designed for CATV applications and is compatible with PON services using the built in WDM. With perfect APC, ACC and ATC controls, reliable heat control, ventilation and efficient heat-dissipation design, the EDFA unit has all systems in place for an extended MTBF of the laser pump. The EYDFA has an extremely low noise figure by using a two-stage optical amplification: the pre-amplifier on the first stage EDFA followed by a high power EYDFA to deliver the maximum signal with the best SNR possible.
- Single input for Feed on 1550nm.
- Output adjustable by the Front Panel Interface or by the WEB User Interface
- Maintenance function of one-time downward attenuation of 6dBm by buttons in the front panel or web SNMP, to facilitate the optical fiber hot-plug operation without turn off the device
- The Device can combine 1310nm and 1490nm wavelengths on the built in WDM together with the 1550nm output of the EYDFA
- Via the Web Interface, one can configure the SNMP Traps, Alerts, Power output etc.
- Safety Key to power off the lazer during system maintenance
- Built in RF Test Port
- Adopts JDSU or Oclaro Pump laser
- Handy Indicator Lights built into front panel
- Dual power supply for redundancy