In partnership with eMedia Investments, the Department of Basic Education will be broadcasting educational support for learners and teachers on the Openview HD (OVHD) platform – channel 122. This channel is available free of any subscriptions and will broadcast initially for a period of six months from 1 April to 30 September 2020.
The proposed daily schedule for the first week of the broadcast is as follows:
- The focus of the first week of the broadcast is to revise Term 1 topics.
- From 12:00 am to 7:00 am there will be revision lessons for Grade 12 learners. We cover only one subject per day to facilitate an easy recordable block.
- The subjects will rotate through a seven-week period. In the first week, Maths is on Monday but in week 2 Maths moves to Tuesday and so on.
- Between 7:00 am to 8:00 am it’s time to learn a new Indigenous African language. Each lesson is half an hour.
- From 8:00 am till 12:00 noon, the schedule is dedicated to Grade 12 learners. You can catch 60-minute lessons in Maths, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, English (FAL), Accounting, Economics, and Geography. The focus of these lessons is initially on Term 1 topics. If you master the concepts in these lessons, you’ll be ready for Term 2 lessons which will broadcast in future weeks.
- From 12:00 pm till 2:00 pm we have 60-minute lessons for Grade 11 learners in Maths, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, English (FAL) and Accounting.
- From 2:00 pm till 4:00 pm we have 30-minute lessons for Grade 10 learners in Maths, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, English (FAL) and Accounting.
If you’ve missed a lesson in the morning or want to re-watch a lesson you can catch the repeat from 4 pm to 12 midnight. The lessons from 4:00pm – 8:00 pm is for Grade 12 learners, 8:00pm – 10:00 pm for Grade 11 and 10:00 – 12:00 is for Grade 10. The topics covered are aligned to the CAPS and the Annual Teaching Plan (ATP), and we will start with topics at the beginning of the ATP.